Wednesday 5 October 2011

another week, more projects

So here we are again, another week's shot past with nothing posted. 
What a surprise!
But in fairness to myself I have been busy making polymer clay cupcakes, furry handwarmers, birthday cards, Easter chickens and other peculiar stuff for the time of year. I keep forgetting to take pictures before I bring the stuff into work so you can get a sneak preview so instead I've dug out a project that appeared recently in Sew magazine. Full instructions for this are on their website 
It's great as a quick pressie for a favourite niece and I used cotton print fabric from Fabric Rehab.
I've also been messing around with Sizzix dies to create applique projects (again, the handwarmer that's set to appear in Sew's December issue)
You do tend to get into the mindset that diecutters are just for cardstock but if you back your fabric with a fusible webbing the shapes are brilliant for stitched projects.




Here's a funky bird cushion that I appliqued and then quilted before making up.
I couldn't tell you fabric used but i know there's a bit of Tilda in there and some random polka dots that i've acquired over the years!
Must....stop....buying......fabric.....
At least until next week.







No comments:

Post a Comment