Tuesday 11 October 2011

More stuff

Hey hey, less than a week this time, must be something wrong with me! These last few days I've mostly been sewing Christmassy stuff for Sew magazine.... and of course I've ordered some more fabric because I'm in such short supply! Get it before the price of cotton goes up too much, that's my excuse!
I've also been playing around with some jewellery products for a forthcoming video demo. It's still 2 weeks away but I know that when the time comes I'll be woefully unprepared and all my fingernails will break the night before. If you're interested have a look on youtube for The Crafts Channel and I'll be there in all my glory!
It was only the other day that I actually saw one of my demos with the sound on. I tend not to watch them too much (as the camera adds ten pounds that I can ill afford), and I'm stunned at how noticeable my lisp is. Why has no-one ever told me this?
Anyway, I digress, here are some bits for your delectation!

The lighting's a bit rubbish on this but I've stained the brass leaf with Copic markers in a graduating tint from left to right. The butterfly charm and flattened beadcap are attached with a rivet and the various holes have been made in the shape with a really handy little punch/setter from Palmer Metals. 

















Again, the lighting's lousy but it's late and I can't be bothered to get up and take the picture somewhere else!
The diamante centre of the pendant is black Crystal Clay set into a shallow oval bezel and then embedded with pointy back chatons in a symmetrical pattern. Once all the crystals were in place I dusted over the whole thing with some coppery mica powder using a small paintbrush.
The key is from Tierracast and the bezel was from, you guessed it, ebay!

Finally a big thankyou to Karen at Fiddlesticks Fabrics who very kindly let me keep the accidentally sent fabric. Should have mentioned her the oher week when I posted a pic of the brightly coloured quilt as most the fabric for that one came from her.  

Right, that's all folks.
C
x








No comments:

Post a Comment